View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 10:46 PM   #1
CDTKyle

Drives: 2022 2ss 1le
"Reduce Clutch Use" Under Accel

Hi all,

I have a 2022 2ss 1le with aprox 1900 miles on the odometer. I have the M6 transmission. Please keep in mind I've had several manual vehicles in the past, my last one with 45k trouble free miles.

I've ran into an issue over the past couple days. Under hard acceleration in 3rd or 4th gear around 4-5k rpm I will get a message on the DIC center "engine performance reduced, reduce clutch usage". My foot is totally off the clutch, and I have not launched hard or anything like that. It did it several days ago, was fine for a few days and did it again this evening. I do not think the clutch is slipping, if it is I cant tell. The only common denominator is it has been between 30-40 degrees out during both occurrences.

I do want to mention, the car has been fully up to temp both times this is happened, I had been driving 15+ minutes before any hard accel.

Do these clutches not like cold weather? Or is this a common problem? I will take it in for service if needed, but with the holidays it may be a bit before they can check it out.

Let me know what you think....