View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 07:49 PM   #4
7LitreC5

Drives: 18 Tahoe RST, 19 Z06
True about emissions testing. That went away years ago fortunately.

Forced induction works very well here and really helps replace the power that the altitude takes away. E-85 is easy to find if you are interested in that. I run my ZL1 on E-85.

You will have a VIN inspection done on your car before you can register it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post
Hey everyone,

I am just starting the process of relocating to Colorado Springs from San Diego for work. I expect to move by the end of September at the latest and I have a few questions.

My Camaro registration is due now in CA but I am leary to pay $400+ just to have to pay again upon arriving in CO. The CO DMV website says that you have to register your vehicles within 90 days. Do you think I can get away with waiting a while to register? It is not my daily driver so will spend most of the time sitting in my garage but if I can hold off maybe 6 months or so once I get to CO, I won't feel like I am throwing away money here. I don't want to give CA ANY more money if I don't have to.

Also, the car is currently bone stock performance wise other than a throttle controller due to smog laws here in CA and me not wanting to deal with them. What are the smog laws like out there? I really just want to do the simple bolt ons: CAI, Throttle Body, maybe long tube headers, etc. What's it like out there?

Any other things you think I should know? I am committed to the move so I WILL be going but would appreciate any insight you all can provide.
7LitreC5 is offline   Reply With Quote