View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #42
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Just curious....

The triple flush was done, then the TC replaced, but still the non-upgraded trans fluid was still used?....If the problem was the original formula of the trans fluid being defective and insufficient for use, all that you had done would theoretically been a waste of time if you are still running the non-upgraded fluid....

I'm just wondering how they can say the first batch of fluid was the problem, but yet it would be ok to re-use it after a TC replacement....Sort of defeats the purpose, wouldn't it?...

The upgraded fluid was only around with the "single flush remedy", and the so-called solution to the first triple flush, same fluid, approach...

And I find it hard to comprehend that if the fluid were the problem, it's still possible that not every trans would be affected...."You might be ok", etc., isn't very reassuring or much of a reliable answer....
Why would they have used the non-upgraded fluid if the triple flush and TC replacement was done on my car six months after Chevy changed production? The dealer needed approval from Chevy for each step.

My understanding from Al's statement is they identified the problem as the fluid. Triple flush is to remove the old fluid from the system. If the TC was burnished due to the original fluid, the TC needs to be replace because the new friction modifier alone won't fix it

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote