View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
My shudder occurred at 10k miles and was first noticed when driving home from the drag strip (coincided?). It was subtle so I ignored it until it became strong and consistent at ~12k miles.

The dealer had to follow the procedure of triple flush, drive 200 miles and then TC replace even though they knew the TC was toast. It was a major pain in the ass but I'm hopeful that I have a long term fix because it was done six months after the production fix.

With three more years warranty and annual mileage of ~9k it will occur again under warranty if it isn't really fixed. If that happens, I'll be pissed. Until then, I'll believe Al because the 18 Camaros don't appear to have the problem.
Just curious....

The triple flush was done, then the TC replaced, but still the non-upgraded trans fluid was still used?....If the problem was the original formula of the trans fluid being defective and insufficient for use, all that you had done would theoretically been a waste of time if you are still running the non-upgraded fluid....

I'm just wondering how they can say the first batch of fluid was the problem, but yet it would be ok to re-use it after a TC replacement....Sort of defeats the purpose, wouldn't it?...

The upgraded fluid was only around with the "single flush remedy", and the so-called solution to the first triple flush, same fluid, approach...

And I find it hard to comprehend that if the fluid were the problem, it's still possible that not every trans would be affected...."You might be ok", etc., isn't very reassuring or much of a reliable answer....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote