View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #139
SE46

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
Next item to order... fire suppressant recommendations? Just as important locations of nozzles
I use a Novec 1230 Zero 360 system in my SE46 race car. After doing a lot of research, talking with pro teams, and seeing what they're using, I would not use anything else. Mine setup is from Lifeline, but there are several companies out there offering Novec 1230 systems. I'm convinced it's by far the safest and most effective option out there.

Not to keep harping on the helmet/window thing... but really, it's not about playing boy racer as one person implied. I've seen plenty of crashes, and in wheel to wheel road racing it's not all that uncommon to have to exit a mangled car through the window because the door can no longer be opened after a crash. Every serious racer has probably seen this happen to a fellow driver 1st hand at least once per season. When you're going for a Comp license, timed exit through the window is a standard test for many sanctioning orgs. Hopefully in full race trim, with a properly designed cage, the issue can be alleviated.