View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #127
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
PLEASE DO! Keep us informed.
Brembo are a bit more in dollars? Did you do a side by side comparison? If so what were the deciding factors?

Thanks!
Id be very surprised if they were less $ than Brembos...i think that was the point Red was making. Have not checked AP prices for a while, but while they are very nice and light, the cost is @%#$! high.

Red, did ya get them from Essex? Or are these "factory" APs? Essex Enduro kit by all means offers bigger discs vs Sprint: by far! (F and R). A buddy just got one for his C5 race car and they are huge! They offer double thickness pads on either kit, but i didnt find they lasted nearly twice as long on my Vette. Durability of the AP discs were about the same as stock Brembos on my SS 1le measured in track days. Calipers needed to be rebuilt every 3 seasons, or so. Even though i was hoping for (at least) a solid placibo effect, my pace didnt increase any. It was nice not to swap rotors every 2-3 days, but the up front price and then ongoing cost of replacement parts had me scratching my head sometimes. But once you sink the money...you pretty much commit longer term...

Not sure about a smaller disc providing less heat sink, id think the opposite would be true. Yeah, C7R uses them and obviosuly it is a very fast race car, but it weights 2,447lb... Having said that, maybe you gutted your ZLE and substantially reduced its stock weight. Are ya close to 3000lb?

Anyhow, i hope they work for ya! They are sure a very nice kit (Essex one). All the best and cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote