View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #111
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Well all my parts have been painted and the pic posted is prior to clear coat. This was all as of yesterday. My car will be done on Friday and I can’t be “beyond mad” cause some may think this is a 1 day job. My bumper cover had some issues with 2 dimples over the headlight area on the upper cover which needed to be addressed, some nicks along the front edge where it was transported from Illinois to Indy and then the splitter. Also the impact foam bar plastic cover looked pretty crappy in the test fit to see behind the lower grill. I was in no rush as it’s winter here and I was working thru weather windows of opportunity to get the car to the shop but my goal was to be done by May 4th for a club car show and laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
for Chevy Customer Appreciation Day the last 2 weekends in May so I’m well ahead of the game plan.
I know my car is NOT going to look like a one day job, but better than factory work when all is said and done.
My shop is one of the best in the business and they baked the parts before ever starting the finishing work to ensure all chemicals from the mode are eliminated to ensure adhesion. Every part is sanded and smoothed, not just primed and painted. This IKON cover will be better than OEM and I will be happy for it.

(Prior to clear coat)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk