View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 03:49 PM   #16
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
One possibility I have thought of is the rain is getting into the wiring harness in between the firewall and door jams, causing a short to the BCM for those specific functions. Either that, or somehow it is getting into the door switch that controls the windows, which in turn is causing a short condition in the BCM. Another possibility, however less likely, is the extreme humidity is causing issues with the actual BCM.
My thoughts initially took me to the areas you discussed (above). Appears that the signals from the door being opened/door switches ares not getting to the BCM. To me that points to a problem in the wiring harness or within the BCM itself. Having said that, it is based on logic only; I have NO EXPERIENCE in actually working those electrical systems. I personally would take SPEC's advice and find a reputable, qualified auto electrics shop to do the work. (By the way, the electronics on these new cars is THE reason I opt for an extended warranty!--but even those eventually expire, as would have happened with your 2010.) Good luck, and keep us posted.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote