View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #83
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
ATS with a turbo is a 3,4xx pound car..
I believe a non turbo 4 is almost 3400lbs even so I would assume once you add a turbo,intercooler and other little stuff it would be at least 3500lbs. Even if its 3490 (aka 34xx) that's still less then 50lbs away from the ecoboost which has a lot more power. Guess only time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
I'm going to assume your reference was to me, so let me be clear here. I never said performance statistics were pointless for cars that do not have a V8. My point was, unless you sink a ton of money into aftermarket parts, achieving the same level of performance as a V8 car with the smaller engines is not realistic. I owned a t4 Mustang back when t4 cars were not cool (SVO), and a couple of t4 Mopars (GLHS, Shelby Charger) so there is no hate on my part.
Well times have changed sir. A 1000 bucks worth of upgrades on a ecoboost mustang will run or beat a current SS camaro and maybe even 5.0. So if it only takes a 1000 dollars to go just as fast yet cost 10-15,000 less to buy is it worth it? I'd say so and that's why ford is selling them like hot cakes.