View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 11:22 PM   #25
EJSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
For the past few months, my car wont start after a heavy rain, check my recent posts for more details. Long story short after cursing the heavens I found a really cool member on here who directed me to the seams under the windshield wiper cowl on the passenger side. Sure enough water was getting in there and leaking into the floor on the passenger side, I never thought the two problems were related, but I rubbed seam sealer all over the seams and problem solved, no more water getting into the car. BUT WAIT... a month later, heavy rain and BAMMM car shuts down on me on a bridge and I had to get it towed home. After scanning my car up and down, taking every damn panel off and checking the connections, everything seemed dry and clean. Bought a car interface for my laptop and the gds2 software, scanned the car and found fuel pump control module secondary circuit open. Found electrical diagrams for the fuel system, checked all connectors and ohmed out all wires supplying the fuel pump and everything else downstream of the fpcm. Everything looked fine. Determined that the rain must be a crazy coincidence or something i just couldn't explain and changed the fuel pump since its the only thing I could point to causing the problem. I change my fuel pump 2 weeks ago. Had a heavy rain earlier today for the first time since the new fuel pump, so far so good, but not ready to call it fixed until a few more heavy rains.
EJSS is offline   Reply With Quote