View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 06:21 AM   #50
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Installed my 60606 over the weekend. I had already cut the stock exhaust to install a "crush-pipe delete" and hoped I could avoid further tailoring of the stock system. I removed the crush delete and rest of the stock system.

When I measured I found I'd left right at 8" of pipe from the body of the muffler on both sides (Borla instructs suggests cutting just 7" out from the muffler body for their axle-back installs). Hoping to avoid further work, I made sure every connection was as deeply connected as possible and when it came time to add the final length of the Borla X pipe I actually had a 1" gap from the end of 60606 and the stock NPP!

The sleeve clamps mentioned by the OP are 3.5" wide, so I marked off a 1.25"of pipe for each side and tightened it down. It's working like a charm, but I was glad I didn't have to make due with a 1/2" less pipe on either side.

Just a FYI for those looking forward to this DIY mod.

So should I measure 8" from the muffler and cut or 7" as the borla axle back instructions indicate?
Did you measure 8" on top of the pipe or on the bottom? It's longer on the bottom because of the bend in the pipe.

Rich
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote