View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #88
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I don’t believe that the C8 has any bearing on GM’s decision to delay/cancel the Gen7. It’s an acknowledgement that buyers are moving to CUV/SUV and their long term view of electric.

The Alpha1 cars sold poorly (ATS/CTS/Camaro). I believe GM is already committed to Alpha2 CT5/CT4. If those sales tank, they will kill the whole platform and not invest more in the Alpha2 Camaro
From a future products planning standpoint GM is looking at a continued shrinking car and more importantly coupe market so that very much links Camaro and Corvette together as they already are internally.
GM has made their decision on the Corvette like Ford has with Mustang. Had the C8 gone more upmarket Camaro would have more of a business case for survival under C8. But GM really didn't do that.

Camaro now has an tougher business case for a full redesign and some of that means moving away from some of the 6th Gen shortcomings. That kills Alpha and I'd say only hope for a 7th Gen Camaro is on VSS-R which would mean, hiatus.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote