View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Ken View Post
Thank you! And I googled the part number and it has been replaced by #8433357 ($28.96 list price). It comes with 4 pieces (deflectors/shields) and the description "brake cooling for track use".
Any tips on installation?
FYI, I think a 4 got dropped from that PN. Should be 84433357. If you order other parts from Summit I've found it cheap to buy through them as an add-on for an order that gets free shipping, was only $15 for me. Install is pretty easy, just take the wheels off or get on ramps/a hoist, unbolt the old parts, and bolt the new stuff on per the instructions in the packet.

That being said, keep in mind these are NOT needed for an SS 1LE using stock brakes. That's why you didn't find them in your trunk. These were developed for use on the SS because the 4 piston brakes are a bit too small to handle track use without extra cooling. Unless you're overheating the brakes (more aggressive pads or driving 10/10ths in hot weather kind of thing) all they really end up doing for the 1LEs is making clearances smaller (sometimes even rubbing depending on suspension position) and throwing more crud at the rotors that cars in front of you are kicking up. They will make temps cooler, but it's not required on the 1LE like it is for the SS. You can still run them if you want, completely up to you.