View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #673
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I went to Atco last night...

The last Atco Friday night this year (hopefully not forever).

The Sinister Mustang was there but we did not get a chance to run. However others have mentioned this besides myself that my Camaro LT1 with just tires and a CAI is as fast as any automatic Camaro SS or Mustang GT. It is the lightest car of the three. And a bit faster than any 392 powered Dodge with the same mods.

My theory about the LT1 model has proven to be true as far as I can prove it. . I am a second tier manual driver. I only made it to number 10 on the SS M6 stock drag list, and I am sure faster times have been accomplished and never were recorded. I bet a better driver like Snowblind who dissects every run to go faster would already have my LT1 in the 11s. But even an all thumbs old man like me can get a 12.10 out of a basically stock M6 LT1 even without mineshaft air. Flame-suit on!

Last night the drive in street lanes 9 and 10 turned out to be 7, 8, 9,and 10. This is fun but the problem is some really fast cars with inexperienced drivers. Two of them hit the wall. I was there at 4:30 PM and got my first run at 6 PM and my second at 8:30 PM. So even though thhis may be my last Atco night I went home after my okay second run.

Wierdly in line for the first run this guy in a pretty fast 11 second Honda next to me revved his car for about 1/2 hour before the first run and waiting for the second one I was next to a clapped old Nissan. That Nissan had a busted starter and had his friends push start him. Even at idle it was loud.

My first run was weird. I hit my shifts but the car did not feel right, but I thought oh well, it should be good:
12.447@114.01 with a 1.978 60’ Slow!!

That clapped out Honda ran 11.371@128.11, but I won!! I treed him with my sorry ass 0.352 RT to his napping turbo spooling 1.580. I heard him coming but I nailed the 3-4. It was a great race.

Sitting in line for two hours I realized I the LT1 was not fully warmed up!! DOH!

My second run was back to being good so I went home:
12.186@115.59.

Snowblind was there and once again setting national C8 light Bolton records.

Hopefully more to come.....