View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #15
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Attaching a photo of mine. Not the best since I'm not trying to remove the intake elbow but definitely looks like the wire loom in question is configured differently on my. The pic really doesn't show it but there's a solid 3 inches from the wire loom going to the A/C compressor to the belt.

Mine is a early build MY17 and Auto. So hopefully we can get some other responses to tell if certain build dates or M6/A8 issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
It's a bit hard to tell from this angle and light, if there is enough clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
It looks like from what I can tell with my cheap borescope camera that harness goes from the back of the A/C compressor to the block. So maybe the surging is due to drag from the compressor being cycled from the shorted wires. Could be why it never tripped a CEL.
I should get one of those, do you have a picture of the camera view with better angle and lighting maybe? My car didn't give me any CEL yet but it did for the other owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
I didn't take a picture but my harness clearance looks the same. So, to help with year and model info- here are the details for mine:

2016 1SS 6MT Jan. 2016 build date
Hmm. Same with the other 2016 or 17? I am having hard time understanding the clearance on above picture
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote