View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #506
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Yes, I am more concerned about the front camber since it's the one that affects the handling/turning more and the required amount of camber or lack thereof.

As you may know, strut type suspension requires more camber to begin with as it won't maintain as much as the double wishbone setup. I wouldn't call the -3.0 aggressive (the min recommended amount for Hoosiers) , aggressive would be something like -3.7 camber like the DSSV allows or even more
I couldn't even dial in 2.5 neg camber up front as the 19" wheels (stock offset/BS) placed the sidewall right into the strut body. Had to go with -2.0 and take off some material from the strut mount. I hope the DSSV will get us to -3.0 so I'm not ruining A7/R7's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Perhaps I was seeing things. If I had my way, I would prefer that the 6th-gen general forum had 1LE V6 and SS 1LE subforums, and the ZL1 forum would have it's own ZL1 1LE subforum.

The only thing the cars all share in common is the badging and the black hood wrap. Other than that, the cars are different enough that you're not really benefiting anything in terms of organization by lumping them together.
The fact is that GM sees the 1LE optioned ZL1 as a stand-alone model, as they are limiting the production through constraints. Therefore the ZL1 1LE is the fastest consumer track Camaro ever produced and that it does not have it's own sub-forum is out-of-touch at best. The line should be drawn BEFORE that car. There are some pretty unpopular sub-forums out there that nobody visits. I have to think a ZL1LE sub forum would get a lot of traffic...you know, since ITS THE FASTEST CAMARO EVER. But what do we know?