View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 02:47 PM   #395
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Id say it is more venue dependent vs session length per se, albeit that could also play a role. Ive run some high torque pads at GP type venues with no issues, because straights were long enough to cool things down, yet got long pedal in just 2 laps on intermediate type venues with the same pads.

I think getting the SS colling ducts may make sense. Also vented pistons wouldn't hurt. Top shelf fluid. Many like the shims, but ya, the heat doesnt just "poof disappear". You'll know very soon if ya pull into a paddock and your wheels are smoking. Or the pedal gets longer. If the latter: dont push it, as next step is complete loss of pressure (as in once you boil the fluid - it is done).

PS Personally, I dont know what type of track events Ken is into. How often. Or what mods he's done. Or how fast he is. Etc. Etc. So, unless I know somebody elses situation first hand and in detail terms, I do not get swayed by their choices too much, because folks also tend to "swear" by their personal choices. Ive tried high torque pads based on feedback posted on this forum and boiled the fluid in 2 laps. So, it all depends on many, many variables and is never a binary choice. All IMO of course.
100%. Pagid also talked about this at length. Actually giving very specific examples like Road America vs. Lime Rock or Laguna and a Trans Am car they were supporting recently. They actually said that track layout is a bigger factor than climate in many cases (which sounds weird, but when you think of the potential temperature deltas...).
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote