Old 02-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #9
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by csolas View Post
Hi all,

Few questions i have about the car 2019 2ss 1le

1-Even under heavy acceleration my oil pressure gauge never passes 50psi. Is this normal? I am used to my mustang where the oil pressure gauge was all the way up under heavy acceleration reading around 100psi

2-diff fluid change needed after 1500 miles? the manual says only if you are going to track the car but that sounds fishy to me.

3-oil catch can really needed? if the engineers at GM that designed this would have thought it would need an oil catch can then why didnt they put one? In one of my plastic vacuum lines by the intake there is a little plastic box that looks like a catch can?? this is me just wondering.

4-the volt meter sometimes reads very low close to the 12 line and some other times it is right at 14 volts. is this normal?

thank you all
My $0.02 worth...

1. Different engine, different engines are designed with different parameters... Around 50psi sounds normal from what I've seen on my 2SS...

2. I'm not tracking my can and I'm going to do the differential at 500, 1,500 and then ever other oil change... My theory, fluids are cheap, major components are not...

3. GM likely didn't put it in because a catch can requires owner attention, if it were to get full and start ingesting actual fluids it would be a very bad thing... My thought is it can't hurt (as long as you regularly empty it), so why not do something to help prevent at least some of the intake valve deposits from forming...

4. At idle I could see it going down some but at any type of engine speed I would fully expect it to be very near 14v (13.8v system). I've only driven my 2SS 200 miles so far, haven't watch the volt meter much...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote