Old 02-05-2020, 02:02 PM   #2
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by csolas View Post
Hi all,

Few questions i have about the car 2019 2ss 1le

1-Even under heavy acceleration my oil pressure gauge never passes 50psi. Is this normal? I am used to my mustang where the oil pressure gauge was all the way up under heavy acceleration reading around 100psi

2-diff fluid change needed after 1500 miles? the manual says only if you are going to track the car but that sounds fishy to me.

3-oil catch can really needed? if the engineers at GM that designed this would have thought it would need an oil catch can then why didnt they put one? In one of my plastic vacuum lines by the intake there is a little plastic box that looks like a catch can?? this is me just wondering.

4-the volt meter sometimes reads very low close to the 12 line and some other times it is right at 14 volts. is this normal?

thank you all
1. That's normal. It'll be a little higher in the morning when you first crank it up, then it will normally vary between about 30 and just over 40.
2. Never changed the fluid in the diff. I don't track mine and I have almost 30,000 miles on it.
3. I don't have a can, I change my oil regularly, to date I've never needed to add oil between changes.
4. Yes, this alternator only charges the batter when it needs it.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote