View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 12:24 AM   #26
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Have the Xpel installer use the matte-finish product on top of the very thin vinyl on the full hood - plus the splitter and mirrors. Then they’ll all be protected and the color and sheen will match. Also do the full “U” - both A pillars and the header above the windshield; make sure they wrap into the painted trough around the windshield, or you’ll just have a bug collector. I also did the rockers up to the horizontal door line and removed the crappy Chevy plastic in front of the rear wheels and replaced it with Xpel from the rocker up next to the door to the wheel and up to the body seam near the top of the wheel. In 15 months of owning the car, I only have one mark in the Xpel - passenger side roof, 4 inches back from the windshield.

From the complaints here about nicks and marks in the Xpel, it sounds like some of you may not be taking advantage of the 10-year warranty for free replacement of damaged sections. I just had the entire front end of my 2-week-old daily driver rewrapped at no charge because of a hit on the lower-right edge of the air dam that caused the Xpel to start peeling about 3/4 inch. This is the 7th car I’ve had treated with Xpel. The Xpel on the 6-year-old car I traded in still looked great, with no fading, color change or lifting along edges or seams. These people stand behind their product, and you’ll see a bonus for it at trade-in time.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote