View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #32
1LEThumper

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Ditto! Not one gt350 has passed me yet no matter what venue. Having said that, the updated model with Cup2s will surely gain in pace. But, at a huge price premium vs SS 1LE. NB Ford has further increased the msrp price of the Shelbies, to almost ridiculous levels for 2020 my.

Ive driven my good friend's GT350 on Arizona twisties for a whole day and as much as it is a very nice car, it felt heavy and not very communicative regarding limits as compared to the SS 1le. I was pushing it pretty good, but couldnt really tell what the rear was doing. The non leanear clutch engagement also takes a while to get used to. Great shifter tho. As a dd the car feels castrated due to its high rpm torque sweet spot. Sure, it makes nice noises, but the Camaro is much more rewarding with low rpm torque.

And btw, it takes a quart of oil at every fill up, which happens very often. No kidding here. Mileage sucks! Something is uber wrong with its motor. But it is a 2 yr lease so my friend doesnt care. My other track buddy had a GT350 and it spewed oil twice on a track. Something to do with a head gasket, but i cant recall details.
Ford has gone with a contrarian firing sequence on those motors. Proly to get a different sound signature. Maybe it wasnt a good idea. Who knows.

Fit and finish was also lacking, with some rattles on a brand new car. Perhaps running boards. Not sure.
All in all, a nice car, a historic nameplate, good performance, exotic motor, but not all there quality wise and a very high price.

My 2 cents based on first hand experience. Cheers!
I’m one of the odd ones...it doesn’t use hardly any oil at all. Now the flat plane crank....no idea why they did that and it’s a dumb idea all the way around. If the engine in that car ever lets go it will get a normal crank back in it. They just tend to shake the car apart.....had I known a little more about that prior to ordering it, I don’t know if I would have gotten the car. Either way, I got it for a reason.....my daughter’s name is Shelby and it will be her car one day....given she behaves (she’s 5 right now).

Can’t wait to see what the Camaro is like on track...I will say it has a gripper tire on it out of the factory (mine came with super sports) and tires will make all the difference in the world on track times. Probably why they went with Cup2’s on the new cars. Probably 2+ seconds at most tracks. It would be nice if GM did a similar package on the 1LE...have a track pack with cups, bigger splitter and wing then a street pack with 4S tires or something.
1LEThumper is offline   Reply With Quote