Thread: First door ding
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #18
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
I'd be careful with the car wash. I have a 2017 Cadillac XT5 also. I had, key word, had one of those subscriptions at a local franchised car wash. After a few months I noticed the clear coat coming off the wheels. I brought it up to the manager of the car wash and he informed me that they use a very aggressive wheel cleaner and they don't take into consideration the various types of wheel finishes. They're looking to get the brake dust off. Period. And they are not responsible for damages. So I ended up taking it to Cadillac and they replaced all four wheels. Needless to say, I cancelled my subscription and haven't been back since.
I get a new customer weekly who says exactly this. Those monthly subscriptions trash the paint. I could show you pictures that would blow your mind...At first I thought the fast freddy monthly subscription place that opened in my town would hurt business. One year later, I am getting customers who are realizing that frequent washes with recycled water and sub standard produxts are destroying their paint.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote