View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
The times they are a changin'. Reading this article about the future of Ford Motor Co. is a little depressing for those of us nostalgic about muscle, sport, and pony cars. The cultural, technical, and economic forecasts described in the this article, suggest the future of Camaros as we know it is much more uncertain than I'd figured. It sounds like Mustang's popularity might sustain it; hard to sense the same about our cars.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/25/...st-small-cars/
I don't come to the same conclusion as you do from that article...Camaro and Corvette both serve the same purposes on different levels as the Mustang does for Ford...which is ALL they have...

Think about it - the ZL1 was the first car to utilize the 10-speed...lots of development behind that. Nurburgring times, burnout modes, etc...all exciting things. And the chassis dynamics can trickle down to other cars, constantly.

So long as the program will make money (which we won't know)...the sales figures are secondary to performance and building a great car.

GM has made similar decisions regarding reducing and discontinuing some cars, though not nearly as drastic as Ford. The shift in the auto industry from small cars to large CUVs and trucks has never been quite this dramatic, I think.