View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #781
Orion89

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if the warranty differs in Canada, but here in the states, the Service Writer at the Chevy dealership I use says it is covered under the longer powertrain warranty.

Thanks man appreciate it. That certainly helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T32803
You will most likely encounter shudder and hate it.
All 2016+ A8 Camaros get it. It is a design flaw.
GM sucks for continuing to put this flawed A8 in year after year.

If I could do it all over again I would have bought the manual.

If GM were to offer to covert my A8 to a manual I would do it
in a heartbeat and eat the extra I paid for the A8 upcharge.
The A8 sucks and it will frustrate you.

I am really interested in grabbing the 2016 2SS with the A8 because of the price, but have done tons of reading and basically fear exactly what you said; that I'll just hate it. I drove two of them and while I didn't feel the shudder, I did feel the 'laggy' shift from 1st-2nd and sometimes from 2nd-3rd under regular driving and not slamming the pedal down.

The other vehicle I'm checking out is a 2019 1SS, brand new with the 6M. Every car I've owned has been a manual and I do love it, but I've recently moved to Toronto and drive in traffic frequently, so I was strongly considering the auto. I don't really feel like forking out the dough for the A10 2SS and there aren't any 1SS models with the A10 packaged out the way I want left on the market. I guess I'd probably be better off waiting for the 2020, but the 2019 is spec'd just how I want it, and I am eligible for the Costco preferred pricing promotion GM is running in Canada right now which saves me a few thousand bucks.

I guess I should probably just cross the 2016 off the list though if the transmission is really that bad.

Last edited by Orion89; 08-18-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Orion89 is offline   Reply With Quote