View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #21
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
E85 and meth isn't needed unless you plan on running crazy boost IMO.

Still thinking of buying that kit we discussed in PM earlier?
Yup, I have been talking with him for a while, I spent the money but saving up again hopefully I'll still have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I would think the ported intake wouldn't do much as far as raising power, but it might make the transition of air into the cylinder easier, and the headers the same on the out going air. Just bolting both on wouldn't make power, but they might allow you to allow you to run more boost (as the increased air efficiency will lower boost some).

My tuner said if we had headers on my car, he would have pursued tuning it with the 13-14lb setup we started with.

For reference - when we tuned we mapped on 91 pump gas first, and Carl simply turned on the Alky system with factory settings and two 10# nozzles with strait meth and we picked up 70hp. We were in the 610s at the time.
I'd like to run full e85 obviously would be upgrading to LT4 hpfp and inyectors.... I really wouldn't want to go Meth... not looking forward to be meth dependent. E85 on the other hand I literally have a station 2 blocks away that I cross in-front of every day to go to work... that its not an issue for me.... I've been on E for over 30K miles.... not looking forward to $65 a tank fill-up every 3 days (if i'd go back to 93).