View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 10:38 AM   #6
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
I have a 2011 Black SS vert that I bought about a year ago and it had some bad swirl marks that are becoming more and more noticeable. I researched doing a paint correction and with my work schedule and F'd up back I don't think I could do it the right way. What is a fair price for paint correction? I got a quote of around $350-$400 for a one stage and then another $250 to do a ceramicoat treatment. Is this a fair price? I have heard mixed reviews on the ceramicoat treatment. Any help is appreciated and if anyone in Mesa AZ area has a recommendation let me know. Thanks
$350 - $400 sounds about right for a MULTIPLE stage correction - compound, polish, seal - wax or sealant - INCLUDING a detailed wash & treatment of the tires/wheels etc. $250 for a ceramicoat treatment is WAY too low, there you are looking at $500 to $1K because to do it PROPERLY, the paint on the car has to be brought to perfection BEFORE the ceramic coating is applied.

I do agree, have them show you some of their work to see if it meets YOUR standards.

....coming from an ex-pro detailer.