View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #13
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightygrasshopper View Post
Cool - thanks! So no need for a sub! Cool.

With this amp, can it power a sub too or do I need a separate sub?

Finally, are recommending dynamat if I use the stock woofers for base but not need dynamat if I have a stealthbox or similar setup?
You can forego a sub if you're looking more for sound quality and less for teeth rattling bass. The woofers in the stock 6x9's have very good range and will do well with good power and some sound deadening.

Dynamat is never a bad idea. If you're looking for BMW-like performance, you're going to need to add Dynamat or BAM everywhere you can afford it. GM put very little sound deadening (almost none) in these cars, presumably to keep the weight down.

If you went with a stealthbox and it was your primary source of sub bass, then you could possibly get away without any dynamat. However, with the sub being in the rear of the trunk, you'd probably have to have it turned up to get any effect from it. Once you start pumping more bass in your trunk, rattles almost always show up. Hell, they will probably show up anyway. The rear deck is only slightly thicker than an aluminum can.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote