View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcat View Post
Darkrider,

Do you recommend the JL Audio XD600/6 over the XD400/4? I was going to get the 400/4 for the amp replacement for BA speakers. I have a kicker zx750.1 I was going to power a single JL W3v3 with from my old car in a ******** stealth box.

Do you know the RMS wattage of the BA speakers offhand? I'm worried these JL amps could blow them.
The stock 6.5" Boston speakers are 2 ohm, 50W. Same for the 6x9 woofers in the rear. The front tweeters are 4 ohm, 20W. The rear tweeters are probably the same as the fronts, but I haven't tested them. You will only overpower the speakers if you blast it at full volume or send a clipped signal to them. If you listen responsibly (basically looking for SQ type listening) and give them good clean power, then putting a lot of power to the speakers will just provide additional dynamic headroom for the speakers. In other words, you'll let the amp operate within it's comfort zone instead of pushing it to its limits.

The reason I was suggesting the XD600/6 is because in the Boston system, the factory amp is 7 channels. You have front left and right (2), front center (1), rear right and left highs (2), and rear right and left lows/woofers (2). If you disconnect/discard the center channel, you would be connecting back 1 for 1. Does that make sense?
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote