View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #56
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
A more futuristic approach with some heritage cues.

The retro theme is dead. Thankfully.
Too futuristic will make it undesireable though. You cant say retro is dead. Look at the sales of the 5th gen. Look at the amount of stangs and challengers on the road. There's a reason WHY sales have been so good. You cant ignore the fact that THAT is why the amount of cars sold as they did. it was because they were retro. Youre going to scrap the whole retro thing and hope you can win and perhaps gain even more sale? Highly unlikely. Its got to be a smaller rendition of the 5th gen body, Just redefined for a more futuristic look. What look will they go for? Hard to say. 2nd gen? 3rd gen? 4th gen? Which nuances will they use from which era? I'd think a 2nd gen approach isnt too far-fetched. What you have to understand is that GM should know is that for MANY 5th gen owners or camaro fan base to give up their cars, it HAS to deliver soemthing more promising. It cant be umpteen HP in a crappy package and hope it sells. It HAS to look almost just as good, equal to, or better. Otherwise its no use. To me the most popular choice since the numbers have shown, is to take the 5th gen and finesse it, redefine it a little on a smaller pltform. Perhaps a 2nd gen approach is the way to go? No one cares if the body itself doesnt change. Its the front and rear end of the car ppl are wondering about. I'd prefer it to have a little more curve than sharpness to it. Though this alpha platform is not that much smaller than our current cars. Its a little shorter, but nothing extremely significant.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!