View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #424
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Ford is pay to play, been that way for 50+ years. So the C8 is here and Ford's real flagship the GT is nowhere to be found, I have not a clue how many are made or sold of even if one can be purchased???? The GT500 well really it has some interesting features and what is the limit of front engine rear drive... Supra is approaching 400 HP and BMW is around 500 on the inline 6, Porsche put a real 6 in the Boxster this year too (near 400 HP). The merry go round is getting faster that's for sure.
I would say the C7s reached the limits of FE RWD as opposed to the GT500. The GT500 might be at the limits of what Frod can do with FE RWD. But they are very far behind for the price. And Frdo seems to be ducking and hiding. One minute it's "Venom kills Demons" and "Supercar killer" and next minute Frdo is packing up their toys and going home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
um I highly doubt that BlaqWhole or anybody else here has the luxury of a closed track and many back to back runs, which only the best run being published. So please.
On the road race, the GT500 is running race alignment on tires know for their limited hero run status. So should these cars be tested with the same more streetable rubber? Dunno. I do find it a little disingenuous to put tires on the car that would be extremely limited in actually usage by Joe Average (yes I know the ZLE is in this area too).

The same complaint has been level at Numbering times, can the tire be purchased by Joe Average at his local discount tire?

GM does this too, their 1le upgrade for SS owners is tested with stock SS tires, same for their DSSV kit!$!@$!@#$. but, their slammer spring kit is tested with 1LE rims and tires... makes no sense. As we know that most guys that would go with 1le suspension upgrades would upgrade to good handling wheels and tires, more so with the DSSV crowd. On the other hand most guys that go for GM performance slammer springs... er probably are running stock SS type or category tire. I think GM was honestly afraid that a DSSV / 1le upgrade on the SS with 1LE rims and tires would perform better than the 1LE itself, so the bulliton went out, NEVER to publish a test of a fully upgraded SS with 1LE rims and tires. Slammer springs well there was no issues that it would under perform vs the 1LE (not by much BTW).

Back to the Mustang, whether it is PP2 or the GT500, are these guys really pretending that these tires would be on for their cars and coffee runs etx. Heck I think my "normal" PS4P can't be driven at all with temp in the 20s or below!!! Could it be that a HUGE bunch of this perforamce would just go away with 220 wear summer tires?

I going to assume far more GT500 are driven by posers vs people that buy a ZLE or Z/28 for that matter.
I have resources, lol!! Regardless tho, each of my Camaros have always ran consistently. My 5th Gen typically ran between 13.1 and 12.8. My ZL1 on the three separate trips went 12.3/12.1 (1st outing), then 12.2/12.0 (2nd outing), then 11.8/12.0 (3rd outing). I omitted the runs where I screwed up the launch as those were driver error and late in the evening. The problem with the GT500 seems to be from a number of different things including the weight, too much power, not enough to control that power, and the tires. Too much of a mismatch going on for it to ever be consistent. Which is why all these guys get their one hero run, post that time, and you don't hear about the other runs they did for the entire day they were out at the track.

To me it is ok if people are posers. Nobody says that these cars HAVE to be taken to the track. These cars are very expensive. And with Frdo not being exactly forthcoming about what they will and won't cover, I wouldn't want to risk blowing up a $94K wannabee soopercar killer chasing some falsely advertised hero time that you might be able to do once and never again. It is clear from how these cars come equipped that Frdo is not building them well enough that I'd be confident in their durability. I would probably go once and call it a day.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote