View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 03:13 PM   #112
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
I think you guys are overthinking it, GM sells more vehicles in China than in the US, their EV lineup is mostly going to be for China. They're gonna introduce a new Bolt, a new Buick EV, the Hummer, some Cadillacs, and maybe an EV truck over the next 5-7 years in the states. Besides that, I believe the V8 trucks, Corvette and Camaro will remain. If they do switch the Camaro to all electric that will be surprising.

I will never buy an EV though, don't care how good the tech gets until I have no other option but too. I hate the idea of charging a car and I hate the idea of the battery being degraded over time like a phone, the battery life(range) will get worse every year. With gas I can fill up very quickly whenever I need to. With electric, you'll be late to work or get stuck in many places because of slow charging or lack of charging stations.

Also it costs more to charge a vehicle at these stations than it is to fill a gas tank. Europe will tax EV's heavily once tax revenue from ICE vehicles dissipates. I'm very confident that the consumers in the US will resist this change if it is forced on too quickly. These EV cars are too expensive and not convenient enough at the time being.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote