Thread: Hellcat vs ZL1
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #15
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Regardless of the chassis or how old it is, it does exactly what Dodge designed it to do and then some. Plus that design is why they're able to keep the cost low. Maybe our Camaros wouldn't be soo expensive if they weren't getting refreshed every 4 years and then 2 getting a completely new design 2 years after that.
True dat!

However, the benefits of a redesign every 3-4 years are substantial. I have read some HC owners post HC times at the 'ring of 7:51 and 8:00: yet there are no such official times. I did watch a video of the HC at the 'ring, and it is downright scary. The HC should be in a drifting completion...not at the 'ring.

The other benefit the HC has is that it is more spacious. And it has more interior creature comforts than the Z. However, the braking is inadequate. The ride comfort level is second or third class...so it is not a good touring car. It is not a track car. I loved the look of the car...until I saw the Z: I truly like the look of the 5th gen Z better than the HC. So it beats most everything as a drag car, but nothing else.

I like the HC, but not being a touring car sealed the deal for me. I took my 83 year old mother and 80 year old aunt out for a spin the other day. I asked them if the had insurance and a recent cardiogram. I was privately hoping they were wearing depends.

They both commented on how nice quality the ride was. Isn't that sweet?
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote