View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #1
jasonz28camaro

Drives: 2007.5 Duramax
e85 tuning strange things happening

I installed my flex fuel sensor on my swap 68 camaro and I'm having some issues. FYI i have a 6.2/10l80 on a truck OS.

First issue was the alcohol % PID and ethanol % PID initially did not line up correct. Ethanol read correct (50%) and alcohol (10%) never changed. I went through a few ignition cycles and let us run for about 10 minutes total with no changes to the alcohol. I re-flashed the tune and the alcohol % PID read correct after this.

Next issue was me adding full e85 and the alcohol not reading right again. Ethanol went up within 5 minutes to 77% but the alcohol stayed at 50%. Did a few more ignition cycles and let it run for about 10 minutes again with no change. I reflashed the tune and it read correct like before.

This is cause for concern and I'm looking to see if there is a solution out there? The tune is looking for alcohol % not the ethanol % PID and I can see the the commanded EQ going of the alcohol so I need to get this sorted.

Ive been in the process of MAP tuning in open loop and after I got it dialed in going from 50% ethanol to 77% I'm running about 6% lean. Does the tune need some time to get the fueling right after such an increase in ethanol and could the fact that I'm in open loop be hindering the EQ transistion?
jasonz28camaro is offline   Reply With Quote