View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 06:20 PM   #9
DexnBlair

Drives: '16 Camaro RS 2.0T A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
1. ZZP Throttle Body *this will require an aftermarket cold side charge pipe to fit the larger diameter Throttle Body.Get either Mishimoto or Injen. Don't get a janky "half pipe", get a full length piece. Injen is more affordable. Like everything on this list, you will need to shop around. Also, ZZP has a very aggressive black Friday campaign every year. You may want to wait on anything ZZP for that. Other companies have good deals as well during black Friday. Mishimoto has a points discount system you can put toward future purchases.

2. ZZP catted downpipe (Mishimoto is better quality but will throw a harmless emissions code (CEL) until you get tuned or have the ability to permanently turn the code off)

3. JackFab/BNR Recirculation Valve. You are going to use this upgrade on every turbo you get including the stock turbo. Like the larger Throttle Body, this mod has noticeable mid and upper RPM pull in the powerband even on a stock tune. There is another company that makes one of these for our car called Go Fast Bits. The first wave of parts were totally defective junk. I believe they have fixed the issue since then. I still wouldn't buy from them though. *these will throw a harmless CEL on occasion. This CEL will go away with you get tuned or again, have the equipment to permanently turn off the code.

4. E85 kit and tune only after you have installed the Throttle Body w/Cold Side Charge Pipe, Downpipe & Recirculation Valve. I say this because it will save you time and money going back and forth tuning everything.

Those 5 mods are a perfect starting point for you. You will be extremely happy with this base set up especially running E85 (huge power advantage). Most people stop there and are content with it. You can go much further with it (and your wallet).

Your absolute next move will be an aftermarket turbo and re-tune. Be mindful of your stock rods and pistons here. Don't go crazy on to big of a turbo if you don't plan on cracking the motor open ($$$$$$). I'm absolutely in love with my Mach5 Stage2 Hybrid Turbo I got from Trifecta. Perfect for stock internals. Turbo Bay, Vermont Tuning, TPC and ZZP all make awesome turbo upgrades for this car as well.

Also, I would highly recommend adding additional touches:
1. Add the Hot Side Charge Pipe
2. PTP Turbo Blanket
3. Mishimoto Intercooler ($$$$)
4. MSD Ignition Coils
5. Better Spark Plugs
6. Mishimoto Oil Cooler ($$$$)

*Don't waste your money on the ZZP heat shield. Spend your money on something that actually works like the PTP Turbo Blanket that is made specifically for our turbo set up.

Thanks for all the help, STM it is much appreciated. And thank you for the tip on Black Friday. Since we are already in October it makes sense to wait, its not that far away.

Did drove 400 miles today w/ my father-in-law. He is an old school guy that thinks it is blasphemy putting a 4 banger in a Camaro. Even stock, it shocked him. Running 50 behind a car in a 55, I passed and when I did I punched it. I was at 80 MPH before I got to the front of the car I was passing. I wish I had a pic of my father-in-laws face.
DexnBlair is offline   Reply With Quote