Thread: Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #11
Fiyero88

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT
Totally taking your advice, took the cover off I agree it seems it would scratch it. I guess I'll live with bird droppings and rain dropping as they are easier to clean off then to get scratches. I'm trying to go in for a ceramic coating but probably not for another 3 months. I think it'll live until then. Also it rained and now the car is back to water spots all over it🚙 so I'm back to washing it again haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
WARNING do NOT use a car cover if you use it as a daily driver. I don't care what the car cover companies say every time you take the cover off and put it back on you will put another scratch in the paint and after a year of doing this it will look like crap. Only use a cover for long term storage. Rain dropping on your car will not scratch it, car covers will. If I was you after all the hard work you have put in is to invest in PPF on the front and protect from future rock chips then apply a professional ceramic or graphene coating so it's easier to clean. Another tip is to dry your car with a leaf blower cause anytime you touch, micro fiber towel included, you will scratch the paint. The less you touch the better. Great job with the black it looks outstanding.
Fiyero88 is offline   Reply With Quote