View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 07:23 PM   #27
Kstroke

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Anyone know what time the progressive paced laps for beginners start on 10/8? I haven’t seen a start time anywhere and I’m trying to figure out if I should get a hotel or not.

I went back in March and it was mega early. You should get an email once you get closer to the event with all of the info, here's what mine said:

"Please arrive at 7 AM for tech inspection and registration for the day. Fuel will be open from 8 AM to 5 PM. The Finish Line pub will be open for lunch and dinner, including take out (via Toast Takeout and Delivery App). The General's Store will be open as well if you need any last minute items for your vehicle, souvenirs, or safety items (helmets!)."

Try to be one of the front 3-4 cars at least one time out. After the first half a dozen cars there's a whisper down the lane effect and you lose the racing line that the lead car is trying to show you.

When I went there were no instructors with us, not sure if that was because of Covid or that's the norm. I was in novice and there was no passing for the entire day.

Also, it's a long day. Bring lots of water and snacks. There is a large gap in the afternoon where you don't have anything to do for a couple of hours.

Have fun and hopefully see you at the track sometime!

Kstroke is offline   Reply With Quote