View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #1154
Rutkowski

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
After a loong winter break I finally made it back to the track! Got the chance to test out the new GoPro as well as my current 305/19 square setup on Toyo R888R tires (I know, controversial choice ^^). With not that many good track tire options in Germany, this gave me a decent and available option to run without having to import. So far I quite liked the setup actually, which could be partly due to the wheels and offset improvement... but other than the super loud noise, I have nothing negative to say about the tire after 1,5 track days. During the half track day last year I achieved a PB on them. This time it was too hot for that (close to 90) and I mostly had passengers on board. But overall good feedback and predictability, despite a lot of negative stuff I heard about these tires.
Feedback on driving style is welcome. I was trying to focus on trail braking and keeping the car balanced through the corner. Was running stock pads that day, so I tried to take out as much energy as possible with my wheel movement.
Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote