View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 11:09 PM   #20
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando895 View Post
First off, congrats on the new car! Since you are a new Camaro owner, I would highly recommend watching some of Mat's videos (Lethal Garage) to help you with any and all things Camaro. He is located up in Temecula and has been super helpful for me in the past. Also, I HIGHLY recommend getting an oil catch can. Imo it should be one of the first things you do when you get the car since it helps keep your engine clean.

If you do plan on doing the ceramic coat yourself, I would make sure the paint is PERFECT (or at least as close as possible) before starting. Even straight from the factory, there may be iron particles, scratches, etc. that can be found in the paint. To get the best results, you would want to remove all of these beforehand. Everything I have read suggests that prep work is by far the most important part of applying a ceramic coat. Also, there are different types of ceramic coatings that you can purchase. Some you can apply in an average garage, and others require time under a heat lamp to cure (they essentially bake the coating onto your car). They also have different lifespans and hardness, so it is important to figure out which coating is right for you. I have not coated my car yet, but since I need major paint correction done (I bought my car 2nd hand :/), I plan on just taking my car to a shop.
Thanks, my car is just about a year old with about 3,200 mile on it...

I ended up doing a fair amount of PPF (Xpel) and having the car Ceramic Coated with CeramicPro... Been very happy with how it has held up for the first year!

Here is where I did the PPF...

Here is a shot of the car shortly after the PPF and Ceramic Coating...

I also added a Mishimoto Catch Can within the first 100 miles... Along with the GMP CAI and Black Strut Tower brace...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote