View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #21
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
I was looking at the same tires in that front size OP, I came here to search and up pops this thread. According to this, the difference is minimal and I can't imagine there would be a problem. https://tiresize.com/comparison/
I believe you are correct. I've researhed this to death and don't want to make an expensive mistake. The way I see it, you are only moving 5mm closer to the components on the inside of the wheel well and that is the most likely contact point. I think I have seen a picture where it is really close to a component but I can't imagine that Chevy wouldn't give you 5mm to play with. The members of the forum have been extremely helpfull (except for the ones making assumptions about how I plan to use my car rather than contributing to answering the question). I've also spoken with Tirerack and Bridgestone. I think this is the closest match in all seasons that I can find for our cars. I thought a little bit about the "poke" but it's only 5mm more on that side a well so I should be able to live with that. Thanks for the response.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote