View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 01:38 PM   #7
jstanton

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
The most you would get from a Procharger tune and no other upgrades to fueling and 93 octane is probably about 500 whp. It's where I started two years ago. Long story short, min upgrades for (engine) safety would be high side fueling improvements and a very conservative tune.

I barely ran a 11.9@117 on the procharger setup, and it was a dangerous tune as I wasn't getting power enrichment at WOT. Really surprised I didn't break things.

93 octane and 11.5:1 compression is going to be your limiting factor to more than maybe 550 whp or so.

Happy to go into more details on my own journey if that didn't put you off
Thank you for the insight and I want to hear more about your experience!

Before I jumped back on the forum and saw these response, I called ProCharger to ask some questions about this setup on a stock LT1 bottom end and fuel system. I was told that the P-1SC-1 with the HO or stage II intercooler was safe on my car without any modification to the fuel system and I shouldn't have any issues running their standard conservative tune. I'm just repeating what they told me. I understand there are variables they are probably not accounting for, like ring gaps as King stated, but I wanted to share what they told me.
jstanton is offline   Reply With Quote