View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 11:43 AM   #3
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanton View Post
I just picked up a 2022 2SS 1LE and I am super excited to be back in a Camaro! I had a 2013 SS for a few years but had to get rid of it for something more family friendly.

I love the car but I want to make some more power with it. This is a daily driver so I am not looking to go real crazy. I really don't want to dive into the internals of the engine if I don't have to so that's why I initially thought of a ProCharger setup. My goal is to end up somewhere in the 550-600WHP range if possible. Currently it is completely stock but I am also going to add a Corsa catback exhaust system.

I was initially considering a ProCharger P-1SC-1 kit with a stage II intercooler and 7-8psi of boost but after reading some threads on here I am second guessing that now. I like the design and ease of installation not to mention how easy it is to put back to stock if need be. I would probably run the standard tune from ProCharger unless it was problematic.

My concerns are if this will be too much for a SBE and 93 octane pump gas? I've read that this could put my compression too high and cause issues. I don't know of anywhere around me to get ethanol fuel other than E85 and I believe I would have to install a flex fuel kit as well.

Also would I need to upgrade my fuel system at this level of boost?

Is there anything else I should be considering or know about?

Thanks in advance!
The most you would get from a Procharger tune and no other upgrades to fueling and 93 octane is probably about 500 whp. It's where I started two years ago. Long story short, min upgrades for (engine) safety would be high side fueling improvements and a very conservative tune.

I barely ran a 11.9@117 on the procharger setup, and it was a dangerous tune as I wasn't getting power enrichment at WOT. Really surprised I didn't break things.

93 octane and 11.5:1 compression is going to be your limiting factor to more than maybe 550 whp or so.

Happy to go into more details on my own journey if that didn't put you off
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote