View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:47 AM   #376
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Well, here on Long Island this has been getting bad and definitely hitting close to home. Nobody in my immediate family, but a couple of friends and some coworkers have been affected by this, including two deaths. This is very real, people just need to do the right thing, this is nothing like the flu!

Luckily, my company makes electronics for UPS, USPS, Fedex, the medical industry, Target, Walmart, drug stores, etc, etc. We are essential, however, company directive is to have everyone work remote where possible. We are global, total of around 8,000 employees worldwide, many in other affected countries.

Our Long Island facility (company is based in Lincolnshire IL) is normally ~1200 people, currently only about 50 people are actually in the facility in alternating days/shifts so they have no contact with each other. The facility has been thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and they are doing that over and over again during the downtime between shifts. Only the most necessary people are even allowed at the facility, our badge access has all been revoked for the time being to make sure we do not go in!

I am remote, no issues other than cabin fever, but not an issue to do my job everyday! Most people I deal with are at other locations, so a headset and computer is normal for me in whatever building I'm in.

My significant other is school teacher teaching via virtual classroom. We have a 17 yo also remotely schooling and a 19 yo who came home for Spring break from GW University, which of course became a permanent break, also doing work remote.
Only pain point is the internet bandwidth is quite stressed! All the video calls is making it sooooo sloooowwwww........or even dropping from time to time.

That and waiting and hoping Chevy will still build my Camaro! Chevy accepted the order on March 17, just before shutdown, so I hope it will still be built eventually.......but right now, much bigger and more important issues than the car I am not getting any time soon.

Stay safe, stay healthy, be smart and we'll all come out the other side.

Last edited by Nothing like an SS; 03-31-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote