View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #4011
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Meh, I bought my first Corvette at 32 and still have it 7 years later. Welcomed our first child in Feb. and have no plans to sell it. She can ride in the Camaro until she is old enough to fit in the 5 point harnesses the GS has.
That's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Let me know if you're definitely going. Maybe I'll fly out there and join you. And maybe a beer or two afterwards. Shit, after all the grief I give you, that's the least I can do, lol!!

LOL, I was just giving you some shit. The Mustang is definitely more roomy than even the Camaro. At my height tho none of these cars are suitable for having a person in the back.
hahah! For sure man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I found this interesting post by Jason Cammisa over on midenginecorvetteforum https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...spective/page2 as a follow up to some comments posted over there following the reviews about the handling and understeer behavior.

Thought the folks here might find it interesting:

I thought it gave an interesting insight to the "reviewer's perspective" on the car. IMO, with only 245mm MPS4S rubber up front it will be very easy to improve front end grip with a set of 305 Cup2s and some camber. So you could say yes I'm interested to see what they come up with for the Grandsport and then Z06. They could very well indeed be nearly world beaters approaching McLaren level performance...

That is some good insight. I have 100% faith that GM will have the performance models dialed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
While I don't personally agree with this perception and think the c7 did a lot to change it with a lot of younger buyers, I know a lot of people view the corvette as an old guy car. I've never gotten it since most people I know are young. So yea unfortunately the corvette gets an old man car reputation.

I do agree with your sentiment on the pony cars, while they may not be huge and spacious they definitely have enough room for kids and adult in a pinch with the back seats. While mustangs do have roomier front seats and trunks both of their back seats are uncomfortable but usable. My head hits the roof liner in the camaro and it hits the rear windshield in the mustang lol.
I have a few friends that would love a C7 and could afford one but still won't get one. Either because they have kids or don't want a third car lol. I guess they don't like the idea of having a toy that is for weekends and only used from May-October here lol. Only guy in friend group with a Vette has a C5 Z06 that he bought used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I rarely agree with newmoon, but I can't argue that the GT350 is a sexy car. The high rpm Voodoo definitely appeals to a small market, but a market nonetheless. Overall, I really like that Ford pushed the envelope with that car.
The car is good looking and despite the problems it has and cars like the ZL1 being available for less while offering more the GT350 is still selling well enough to find buyers
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote