View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 08:26 PM   #10
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
I'm probably the only guy here who purchased a ZL1 as there 1st sports car, Here me out, I have ridden high horsepower sportbike for years, and dirt bikes also, I kept my cousin Z06 C6 for 4 days, about 580 hp rear wheel . When the 2018 ZL1 1LE was coming out, I researched all the cars I really liked, 2013-2014 GT500 a monster but live axle, No go, Gen 5 ZL1 580 hp, No non-forged motor, (Forgot the Z28, I like it the most, but no HUD, sort of stripped down, and hard to find, plus high$ It stood out but not enough)GT350 , brakes super sensitive I test drove one, plus the oil issues, over heating rear end, plus you haft to spin the rpms up, also seriously considered a C6 convertible anniversary with 427, No go. I thought if there is one car you could pick for a once in a lifetime car, the ZL1 is it, if there's one negative thing, it would be no port injectors. Brakes, motor/Z06 heart, center of gravity higher than a corvette , and the room for my 6'4 265 pound body wow !
And the rarity on the streets, plus it's now the leader of GM future cars(Who wants to pay 80-90k on a base C8?), Al did a remarkable job ! So at 50 years old the ZL1 will be the only sports car I need until I cant drive anymore ! Well done chevy, you created a benchmark that few will follow or even find.

Last edited by Revalot; 03-31-2021 at 08:42 PM.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote