View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 04:45 PM   #181
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
I'm looking at adding a Kicker KEY200.4 to my 1LE's front speakers, enabling it as a biamp setup so it actively crosses over the door and dash speakers. I have questions:
  1. The biamp setup just needs one set of speaker-level inputs from the radio control unit under the glovebox, and it will output two sets of speaker outputs. It seems like the ideal place to tap into this is where the factory speaker outputs split off into the two sets, as highlighted in the wiring diagram below.* Any idea where this exactly is located, and how easy it is to access (assuming I'll have to pull the HMI out)?
  2. Alternatively, how hard is it to run new wires to the dash speakers from under the dash? Maybe I could that and reuse the factory wires to the doors if it's easier than finding that split.
  3. This amp has external dimensions of 1-11/16 x 2-3/4 x 7-3/8. For anyone who has worked under the dash, do you think this can be tucked in somewhere under there? I'd love to avoid having to run wires to the trunk or even under the seat, if possible. I note that the guy in the Axxess AX-DSP installation video says he will tuck that up there somewhere, but he doesn't show where/how he did it.
  4. Anybody tried this amp (or its predecessor) in a Camaro yet?

*Thanks for posting that diagram, Ryephile!
Attached Images

Last edited by Msquared; 05-01-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Msquared is offline   Reply With Quote