View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #175
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
The door speakers are basically enclosed under your legs so you don't want to play vocals there. It will drag the soundstage down.

And for whatever acoustic reason having speakers aimed at glass makes things really bright/harsh. So you don't want tweeters in the dash. I thought about this so I got oversized silk domes and even those hurt my ears.

In the rear, a full range is covered by the side panel speakers. The panel can accept up to a 6.25" diameter driver (stock is 5.25" w/ an adapter) however there is only a depth clearance of 2.25" which makes a good replacement nearly impossible to find.

Finally for rear bass I never liked using a sub in the trunk, because I want to seal off the trunk from the cabin. It's also heavy, and inefficient unless you want people outside the car to hear your bass. A sub mounted to the rear deck, with a sealed box will give the cleanest sound. But since we have two holes for 6x9s I will just go with that and live without hitting sub-40hz frequencies.
For the rear side panels only 2.25" depth? its a joke. From a diameter PoV, don't you think I could somehow fit a 6.5" driver as well?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote