View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #8
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I agree with you for the most part but since the 6th Gen will continue through MY 2021 (confirmed by documents) I think it would make perfect sense to release a Z/28 as MY2021 to finish the life cycle of the 6th Gens. Also releasing the Z/28 in the first model year of the 7th Gen would be a horrible idea, I definitely agree that timing is very important when it comes to releasing different versions of cars, but that plays against your argument, car companies wait to release the higher models until later in the life cycle of their cars for a reason.

And to the point of the Mid-Engine Vette there is a good chance that the cars (well at least on of them) that were videoed ripping around the Ring last wing were equipped with the 5.5L TT V8. So even if that engine isn't available immediately upon release for MY2020 it may show up before then end of it, and will definitely be there for MY2021, so who's to say a 2021 Z/28 can't get an N/A version of that? Or if we are being really bold and Chevy has decided they aren't going to stick with N/A for the Z/28 instead of the LT5 they could just put the TT V8 in it.....
The only way a 6th gen sees the DOHC TT V8 is the Caddy Hot-V version. The only low mount TT CAD drawings are for the mid-engine layout with exhaust directly behind the engine. I still highly doubt any 6th gen gets the new DOHC V8 as the engine bay was designed around the LT platform.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote