View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 08:38 AM   #92
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I didn't read through every post on this thread, so maybe someone has already pointed this out.

There is a configurator so you can build out your Corvette. A friend (2015 C7 3LT) and I built out our Corvettes to our liking. We are both of the same minds, in that we will get it the way that we want it. His built out at $82K and mine built out at $84K. We both went for MRC and the 3LT package. I am unsure what the differences were that accounted for a $2K difference. However, this $80K - $85K price point is where more Corvette buyers will be looking. There are very few Corvette buyers that are going to buy one without memory seats, all of the safety goodies (we tend to like cameras, sensors and any other help we can get), MRC, upgraded sound system, etc.

At that price point there is plenty of room for a Gen7 Camaro. I think that GM wants the Gen6 to fill that price point of $45K-$70K for a performance car. This allows for a little more latitude in when the Gen7 will be released and at what price point.

I do not mean to dismiss the 4 or 6 cylinder Camaros. These are just in a different market segment than the LT1 / LT4 powered Camaros, when discussing the C8 Corvette.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote