View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #47
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
They would be using a TT6 from Cadillac. I know people want the V8 but doesn't that require a RW drive platform? I will give Kudos to Ford though, the new Explorer is running on a RWD platform. I'd say Ford has Chevy beat with the Explorer but Chevy with the Equinox is beating out the Escape/Edge.
I still feel that Chevy and GM cut too quickly and too deep into the midsized SUV and pick-up lines in '08. At least Ford kept a lot of the themes from their old Explorer SUVs and grafted them onto the newer platform. TrailBlazer and Envoy were (IMO) at their peak when they were cut.

The GMT360s were due for an update, but GM eliminated the platform. GM realized later that they cut too deeply into the truck and suv platform, so that is why Canyon and Colorado re-appeared. The Traverse is an ok people mover, but its nowhere near the ruggedness and towing capability of the old TrailBlazer. We are also missing the niche market that's covered by Jeep Grand Cherokee. GM and Chevy have good ideas, but they have made costly mistakes along the way.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote