View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 04:05 AM   #423
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I think this is a very interesting discussion with all sorts of points of view, but I think the reason the Camaro is not doing so well is two things; the market rejecting muscle cars in general, and the fact that this is the first car the GM wanted to compete with the higher cost European sports sedans which sell in larger volumes. In everything you read from GM for the last four years is this chassis is totally different, competes with the euros, and is a much better handling car in addition to the power.

And for whatever reason, the market has rejected that move, and still considers the Camaro a muscle car. I don't have a single friend in the upper middle class or that makes over 100 grand that would consider a Camaro , yet they own every conceivable Mercedes BMW jaguar etc. etc. for years. I think it's almost impossible to "rebrand" a heritage marque like Camaro that has been known for so long to be a muscle car.

Not saying I like it, but I think that's the way this is.

And if Chevy had built a car that did not out perform the Euro car then people would be binching about not buying because it doesn't perform as well. Like I said people today can't be pleased. The new American breed won't truly be happy until GM, Ford and Chryslers are all gone and everything we consume is dependent on foreign companies, not stopping to realize once dependent we will always be dependent. We will be under the thumb of an entity who then dictate to us what we buy, and at what cost and be able to shut off the spicket at anytime to control us.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote